Perhaps one of the most common dreams that little girls have is to become a ballerina. For them, the image of a graceful woman making arches with their arms and leaping through the air is something to strive for. However, this often remains a childhood dream and few of us learn how to dance in our lives.
Learning to dance is not simply about fulfilling a childhood dream or carrying forward a wedding tradition. Joining dance classes allows for many benefits to start seeping into our lives. Of course, knowing the art of dancing is a benefit on certain occasions. But other than those moments, there are plenty of times that the benefits of learning to dance will be obvious.
- Self Expression – Our need to express the thoughts inside can take many forms. Some of us become authors, others take up sculpture and some become dancers. As an art form, dance classes are a great place to express emotions, ideas and feelings that have been locked away for too long. Most dancers put a lot of their own self into their movements and it reflects in the grace and beauty.
- Exercising The Body – Apart from the ability to let out emotions, dancing also allows the body to exercise in a manner that is engaging and entertaining. Most forms of dance count as strenuous forms of exercise and can help in keeping the body fit and healthy. In children, dance classes are said to be instrumental in building stronger bones and healthy muscles.
- Becoming More Creative – Creating a dance routine requires a fair amount of creativity. While instructors can teach the individual steps, it is up to the student to combine them in new and different ways. The world of dancing rarely remains fixed in one place. Students of dance help it evolve and in the process, they find a new way to channel their own creativity.
- Learning A Skill – Dancing is not simply a form of art. It is also a skill that can come in handy on a number of occasions. First of these is at a club or a bar where dancing can help in finding somebody to share a drink with. It is helpful at weddings, parties and social gatherings. Dance classes teach their students the skills involved in using every part of the body properly and it comes in handy during stretching, doing yoga or even in cleaning the house.
- Increasing Confidence – One of the fringe benefits of joining dance classes is the increase in confidence among the students. Our society places a high premium on being able to dance in public. Starting from school recitals and dances to college parties and weddings, dancing is the best way to show off your confidence. Knowing that you are not making a fool of yourself in public really does boost the self-esteem by a few points.
- Spending Time With Family – Dancing is a great way to spend more time with the family. Enrolling everybody in dance classes means that everybody stays together in the studio and can practice together at home.
- Meet New People – Joining dance classes is a great way to meet new people. Everybody needs a partner and finding the right one from a room full of people means having to meet every single one. Along with a good partner, one can find common minded people and make a couple of new friends along the way.
- Reduce Stress – When we dance, the brain released a cocktail of hormones designed to make us happy. In the process, these hormones target one of the biggest issues we face in our urban lives. It reduces the stress we deal with each day and replaces it with feelings of happiness and contentment. This is the reason that clubs are so popular. Most of the patrons are there to walk away from any kind of stress and troubled thinking.
- Fall In Love – Couples that want to add a dash of romance to their lives can benefit a lot from dance classes. Dancing has been known to rekindle the feelings of love in people because of the sensuous nature of the movements. A lot of dancers often fall in love with their partners. The basic requirements for a healthy relationship – trust, honesty, and common interests – are all needed in dancing as well. Dancing together can often bring two people closer faster than any other method.
There is a beauty in dancing that few of us can deny. By learning to dance, we take that beauty and put it within our heart and souls. That is why dancers often bring a spot of relief in an otherwise boring and dull day. Joining dance classes is a great way to start learning the basics of dance and bringing some much need joy and benefit to yourself and the whole world!
Opening a dance studio is a dream that many students and teachers of dance have. Having a space in which one can express their own thoughts and take others through the journey is a wonderful concept. With the increase in reality television programs that focus on dance, a lot of people now want to learn different styles. Unlike the last few decades, dance has become a choice rather than an enforced childhood activity or lesson.
What Kind Of Dance Studio Should I Open?
Having a Hemet dance studio starts with the decision to open a certain kind of studio. While some instructors are comfortable teaching a single style of dance, others go for a wide range of dances. A mixed choice studio works out very well for young children, who can take their pick after a year or two of trying out different kinds of dance. From then on, they can graduate to learning a specific style for as long as they want. In the case of adults, dance studios that offer a specific style of learning is preferable. Classes that focus on ballroom dances, or the more exotic styles are usually more popular. Dances that require a partner is also a concept that works well in Hemet dance studios. However, styles such as ballet often attract teenagers and adults as an option for exercise.
What Should I Know Before Opening A Dance Studio?
Needless to say, a professional should run any Hemet dance studio. Teachers that have received training in different fields of dance and are able to work with children and adults alike will definitely have an upper hand. However, there are other areas that require looking into before opening up a studio.
Of course, a dance studio does need an experienced dancer. It also needs an experience teacher and businessperson. Going ahead with a Hemet dance studio without any previous business experience can quickly become a negative. There are various aspects to running a studio such as procuring licenses, permits, sanctions and permissions. Somebody also needs to oversee the running of the utilities and the expenses. Having a partner with experience in these areas is a definite bonus.
Franchising And Marketing
For the first time business owner, the process of marketing their dance studio and bringing in clients can be tough. Instead, they can opt for becoming a part of a franchise. There are many large dance companies that allow dance teachers to start up under their umbrella. This removes a lot of risk from the process and helps beginners learn about managing a dance studio over time.
Another aspect of having a dance studio focuses on calculating the start up costs and preparations for the coming months. Some of the initial expenditures that will come along the way are rental costs, equipment cost, salaries for teachers and assistants and a bill for the utilities. All of this is just the basic expenditure. Until the Hemet dance studio takes off, there will be money spent on advertising, promotion, creating better facilities and creating a website. Taking an inventory of these costs helps in managing them better in the long run.
Rules And Codes
Any dance studio in Hemet, CA requires a system in order to function properly. This system controls the manner in which students are taught and then graded in order to see their learning. One of the first rules that should be created is for the timings. Not all students will be punctual. Opening up a studio will test your patience and authority. Make sure that the dress code and rules about timings, attendance and behavior within the classroom are absolutely clear.
How Do I Make My Dance Studio Successful?
There are many small methods that can be used to make a dance studio a successful business. First of these is to have an iron hand on the management. Many business owners lose out on making a profit in the first year or two because they allow money to spent on small things that add up to big bucks. Keep the expenditures fixed and this will prevent the overhead costs from spiraling out of control.
Having a well-designed course can help in attracting more students for each term. However, make sure that the number of students does not exceed the capacity of the studio. When there are smaller batches to teach, it is quite reasonable to charge a little extra money to cover up the difference because the children get extra attention. There are times in the year when the staff might want a vacation and you also look forward to taking some time off. Instead of having regular classes throughout the day, keep an hour of special classes in the morning or afternoon. These are crash-courses and can help in boosting the income for that period of time.
Finally, having a good relationship with the community and showing them a passion for dance is what will bring in the students by the dozen. So take charge and push forward with dedication in order to have the best Hemet dance studio possible.
At the end of the day, opening a dance studio is not the most difficult thing in the world. There are plenty of options available and it takes passion to get through the initial stages. Having a Hemet dance studio is a great option since the start up costs is not through the roof and the clientele is great. With a little bit of business sensibility and a lot of passion.
When learning dance, there always comes a time when we have to create the dance choreography from scratch. This is the final test of any dancer and the best way to put together every lesson learnt till now. For many of us, this can be a daunting task. After all, it takes a lot of time and effort to come up with an original piece of choreography.
Dancing is a way to express the inner self and let loose a wave of creativity. With the help of a few tips and methods, the pressure of choosing the perfect dance choreography reduces. The result is a beautiful dance without the tension.
- Pick A Dance Style – When creating a routine, pick out a style that you are most comfortable with. While a lot of dancers mix it up, it is better to stick with a single one for the first attempt. Once you know the kind of style, it becomes easier to think of dance choreography.
- Choose The Correct Song – Every dancer needs a song that speaks to them in order to dance to it. Picking out a song will definitely be tough, but it is worth the effort. The correct song will get the body moving without having to think. The emotional connect is much more powerful than the practical mind.
- Create A List Of Matching Steps – Each style of dancing has certain steps that are best suited for it. A waltz can be fitted into other kinds of ballroom dances, but not into hip-hop dance choreography. Write down the steps if necessary and work out an order for them. Keep a few simple steps in the middle of two to three complex steps to keep a flow going.
- Break Down The Routine Into Eights – Most instructors will try to break down the steps into eights. Each part of the step is done to the count and eight counts can complete the step. This is quite helpful if the dance choreography has to be taught to a partner or a larger group.
- Start Dancing, Catch The Rhythm – So far, all of this is just theory when it comes to dancing. The actual choreography comes about when a dancer starts working the steps to the music and rhythm. This makes the dance choreography fit in with the lyrics and melody. This is also the best time to judge whether or not other dancers can keep up with the steps or not.
- Keep Practicing – Finally, creating the perfect dance choreography comes down to practicing it every day and night. The more times it is done, the more polished the routine becomes. Over time, the steps become second nature and end in a beautiful dance sequence.
Feeling nervous about choreographing a dance routine is perfectly normal. It takes skill and constant hard work but the end result is definitely worth it. while some dancers prefer losing themselves in the music, others can take some help from these tips and start working on their dance choreography with ease.