Perhaps one of the most common dreams that little girls have is to become a ballerina. For them, the image of a graceful woman making arches with their arms and leaping through the air is something to strive for. However, this often remains a childhood dream and few of us learn how to dance in our lives.
Learning to dance is not simply about fulfilling a childhood dream or carrying forward a wedding tradition. Joining dance classes allows for many benefits to start seeping into our lives. Of course, knowing the art of dancing is a benefit on certain occasions. But other than those moments, there are plenty of times that the benefits of learning to dance will be obvious.
- Self Expression – Our need to express the thoughts inside can take many forms. Some of us become authors, others take up sculpture and some become dancers. As an art form, dance classes are a great place to express emotions, ideas and feelings that have been locked away for too long. Most dancers put a lot of their own self into their movements and it reflects in the grace and beauty.
- Exercising The Body – Apart from the ability to let out emotions, dancing also allows the body to exercise in a manner that is engaging and entertaining. Most forms of dance count as strenuous forms of exercise and can help in keeping the body fit and healthy. In children, dance classes are said to be instrumental in building stronger bones and healthy muscles.
- Becoming More Creative – Creating a dance routine requires a fair amount of creativity. While instructors can teach the individual steps, it is up to the student to combine them in new and different ways. The world of dancing rarely remains fixed in one place. Students of dance help it evolve and in the process, they find a new way to channel their own creativity.
- Learning A Skill – Dancing is not simply a form of art. It is also a skill that can come in handy on a number of occasions. First of these is at a club or a bar where dancing can help in finding somebody to share a drink with. It is helpful at weddings, parties and social gatherings. Dance classes teach their students the skills involved in using every part of the body properly and it comes in handy during stretching, doing yoga or even in cleaning the house.
- Increasing Confidence – One of the fringe benefits of joining dance classes is the increase in confidence among the students. Our society places a high premium on being able to dance in public. Starting from school recitals and dances to college parties and weddings, dancing is the best way to show off your confidence. Knowing that you are not making a fool of yourself in public really does boost the self-esteem by a few points.
- Spending Time With Family – Dancing is a great way to spend more time with the family. Enrolling everybody in dance classes means that everybody stays together in the studio and can practice together at home.
- Meet New People – Joining dance classes is a great way to meet new people. Everybody needs a partner and finding the right one from a room full of people means having to meet every single one. Along with a good partner, one can find common minded people and make a couple of new friends along the way.
- Reduce Stress – When we dance, the brain released a cocktail of hormones designed to make us happy. In the process, these hormones target one of the biggest issues we face in our urban lives. It reduces the stress we deal with each day and replaces it with feelings of happiness and contentment. This is the reason that clubs are so popular. Most of the patrons are there to walk away from any kind of stress and troubled thinking.
- Fall In Love – Couples that want to add a dash of romance to their lives can benefit a lot from dance classes. Dancing has been known to rekindle the feelings of love in people because of the sensuous nature of the movements. A lot of dancers often fall in love with their partners. The basic requirements for a healthy relationship – trust, honesty, and common interests – are all needed in dancing as well. Dancing together can often bring two people closer faster than any other method.
There is a beauty in dancing that few of us can deny. By learning to dance, we take that beauty and put it within our heart and souls. That is why dancers often bring a spot of relief in an otherwise boring and dull day. Joining dance classes is a great way to start learning the basics of dance and bringing some much need joy and benefit to yourself and the whole world!